In the space of ten(10) days, three African-American places of worship were reduced to smoldering ruins in the State of Louisiana, and now we are told that the FBI has gotten involved in the Investigations.
Before you break out the champagne, however, ask yourselves how many African-American Churches have been targeted by white domestic terrorists, using arson as a weapon over the years?
Then ask yourselves, how many of these cowardly punks have been held accountable by local, state or Federal law-enforcement authorities?
Here are a few facts from 2015.
- June 30: Mount Zion AME Church in Greeleyville, South Carolina. The historic black church burned down on June 30. A federal law enforcement official told the AP that the fire wasn’t intentionally set, and the FBI currently thinks it was probably caused by a lightning strike.
- June 26: Glover Grove Baptist Church in Warrenville, South Carolina. The mostly black church burned down on June 26. Investigators don’t know if it was intentional or an accident, but they “observed no element of criminal intent.” The fire has officially been classified as “undetermined” because investigators couldn’t rule out the possibility of an accident.
- June 26: Greater Miracle Apostolic Holiness Church in Tallahassee, Florida. The mostly black church was destroyed by a fire on June 26. It was likely
setoff by an electrical short, so it’s not believed to be arson or a hate crime.
- June 24: Briar Creek Baptist Church in Charlotte, North Carolina. The predominantly black church was burned down on June 24. Investigators are treating the case as arson, but there’s no evidence it was a hate crime.
- June 23: God’s Power Church of Christ in Macon, Georgia. The mostly black church burned down on June 23. The fire is being investigated as an arson, but local and federal law enforcement agents have said there’s no evidence yet of a hate crime.
- June 23: Fruitland Presbyterian Church in Gibson County, Tennessee. This is a mostly white church, and it was struck by lightning on June 23. But it’s been widely included in reports of church fires.
- June 21: College Hill Seventh-day Adventist Church in Knoxville, Tennessee. Officials said that someone on June 21 intentionally set fire to a church-owned van and straw near the mostly black church, but the church itself wasn’t burned. Investigators have confirmed that the fire was a case of arson. A spokesman for the Knoxville Police Department
told localnews station WATE that it was being investigated as an act of vandalism rather than a hate crime, because the suspect didn’t leave any message or indication of the reason for the crime.
According to the National Fire Protection Association (via the Los Angeles Times’s Matt Pearce), firefighters responded to an average of 1,600 fires at churches a year from 2007 to 2011. That comes out to an average of 31 fires a week.
The foregone was in just 2015. according to [Vox.com.]
Let us understand something here, these are acts of terror being carried out by the descendants of ignorant white terrorists who were doing the same thing in the ’50s and ’60s.
As for the reason that no one is ever held accountable? In many cases, the ones doing the burning are wearing police uniforms, or they are part of the same white supremacists’ groups that the cops belong to.
By the FBI’s own account over a decade ago, law enforcement has been infiltrated by white Supremacists, Skinheads, and Neo-Nazis and have become a problem.
In this medium, I have written several Articles on this phenomenon and there have been independent reporting on the subject.
Yet in America, the definition of “Terror” has been reduced to acts committed by Muslims.
The almost daily acts of “Terror” being committed by white mas-murderers upon American citizens of all colors are reduced to back and forth arguments about gun rights and mental illness.
The narrative coming from Law-enforcement in this latest string of arson church fires, as have the narrative through time, is that they are probing to see if there are any links between the different fires!
A link to what?
What does it matter whether or not there is a link between perpetrators who set two or all three of the churches ablaze? If there is no nexus does it mean that the churches are any less burned?
If there is no established nexus, does it mean that the one or more individuals who burned those churches are not domestic terrorists?
And if they acted separately, independently and in no coordination with each other does that mean that the acts are any less terroristic?
The dangerous reality is that there is hardly any attention being paid to the rapid growth of white supremacists, Neo-nazis and skinhead groups which sprung up during Barack Obama’s eight years in office, and are emboldened to act without fetter under Donald Trump.
What the FBI is concerned with infiltrating, are innocent Black activists who demonstrate and speak out against White Neo-nazis operating as police officers and killing unarmed Black people.
To add insult to injury, according to [Salon.com] (in the face of Rising Extremism, Donald Trump’s Department of Homeland Security disbanded its Domestic Terror Unit).
The unmitigated truth is that Domestic Terrorism has been on the rise in America and now the people in those groups feel empowered to act because Donald Trump referred to them as “fine people.”
The full context and consequences of the rise and spread of white nationalism across America, is yet to be understood, as there is a refusal by authorities to accept that it is even a problem.
As more and more information surfaces of police officers being members of neo-nazi groups, municipalities and police departments have hunkered down and refused to see the problem of unwarranted lethal police-civilian encounters for what they truly are.
With that mentality, it is impossible to source accurate data on the loss of life, loss of liberty and destruction of property this is causing, particularly in the Black Community.
Having the FBI investigate should offer no comfort to the Black community. The FBI is no greater friend to the Black community than the local hicks who double as clans-men and cops.
The FBI is interested only in infiltrating and disrupting black protest groups which are simply demanding justice for the atrocities committed by white nationalist cops who murder without accountability.