Hate, bigotry, and racism should have no place in any community, state or nation.
Yet, despite all of the work and sacrifice which has been put into the fight to eradicate the ignorant scourge of racism from our midst, hate, bigotry, and racism persist as it did back in the ’40s and ’50s.
The fact that people are a little less blatant with racist attitudes toward others they dislike may only be attributable to the cost attached to acts of racism rather than any change of heart individual bigots may have had.
The problem of racism and Police abuse in America was the number one issue while stalwarts like Stokely Carmichael, Dr. King, and others lived.
Today the issue of racist Police abuse of people of color continue to be the number one issue plaguing the country.
Years after the Federal Bureau Of Investigations warned that white supremacists were infiltrating police departments nothing substantive has been done to root them out.
In fact Department heads, Prosecutors and Judges have worked assiduously to ensure that racist murderers parading in police uniforms are not held accountable for their crimes against people of color.
Cops hardly make attempts to de-escalate volatile situations anymore, they escalate minor situations in order to justify the use of force.
Casual situations which ought to be handled with kindness and professionalism are escalated by the cops themselves, even when they were initially called to help.
“A federal court found that members of a Los Angeles sheriff’s department formed a neo-Nazi gang and habitually terrorized the black community. Later, the Chicago police department fired Jon Burge, a detective with reputed ties to the Ku Klux Klan, after discovering he tortured over 100 black male suspects. Thereafter, the mayor of Cleveland discovered that many of the city police locker rooms were infested with ‘White Power’ graffiti. Years later, a Texas sheriff department discovered that two of its deputies were recruited for the Klan.”
(1) “[T]he term ‘ghost skins’ has gained currency among white supremacists to describe those who avoid overt displays of their beliefs to blend into society and covertly advance white supremacist causes,” the FBI report states.
(2) In 2014 New Orleans Times-Picayune columnist Jarvis DeBerry reminded readers of Michael Elsbury, a white Baton Rogue police officer who resigned after “he was linked” to racist text messages.
(3) “I wish someone would pull a Ferguson on them and take them out,” Elsbury reportedly wrote in one message, referring to the 2014 police shooting of Michael Brown. “I hate looking at those African monkeys at work … I enjoy arresting those thugs with their saggy pants.”
(4) According to Esquire.com) Critical to the rise of these groups within law enforcement was the severe backlash by mainstream conservatives to a 2009 report by the Department of Homeland Security that revealed that white-supremacist groups and right-wing domestic terrorist organizations had been recruiting heavily among a number of groups in the country, especially among returning military veterans. Mainstream conservatives went completely bananas and, to her discredit, then-DHS Secretary Donna Shalala killed the report, apologized to various veterans groups, and disbanded the unit within her department that had done the research.
(5)Critics fear that the backlash following the 2009 DHS report hindered further action against the growing white supremacist threat and that it was largely ignored because the issue was so politically controversial. “I believe that because that report was so denounced by conservatives, it sort of closed the door on whatever the FBI may have been considering doing with respect to combating infiltration of law enforcement by white supremacists,” said Samuel Jones, a professor of law at the John Marshall Law School in Chicago who has written about white power ideology in law enforcement. “Because after the 2006 FBI report, we simply cannot find anything by local law enforcement or the federal government that addresses this issue.”
(6) The website (Occupy Democrats) argue that White supremacists are infiltrating the police departments across the country according to a report by the FBI. The report is alarming in the Trump era, as white nationalists across the country are feeling emboldened and only build on a long history of domestic terrorist groups joining law enforcement.
A classified FBI Counter-Terrorism Policy Guide from April 2015 was obtained by The Intercept and revealed that “domestic terrorism investigations focused on militia extremists, white supremacist extremists and sovereign citizen extremists often have identified active links to law enforcement officers.”
Shockingly, to those studying law enforcement in the US this is nothing new; however, the FBI is doing little to publicly address this growing threat. Many police departments around the nation have a history of racism in their ranks, and with no national standard among the nearly 2,000 law enforcement agencies, white nationalists have little trouble infiltrating the ranks and spreading their influence.
Summing up these realities with incredible precision Angelia Williams Graves, a Virginia councilwoman
These white supremacists have “taken off their white hats and white-sheeted robes and put on police uniforms. Some of them have put on shirts and ties as policymakers and some of them have put on robes as judges.”
“I know I could never change the condition from the outside. I had to go for the inside,” Col. K.L. Williams, the Black chief of police in Kinloch, Mo., told CNN. “If you think that racism and white supremacy is not involved in police departments, you better check yourself. Because the KKK has been involved with law enforcement from when it just about started,” he continued.
Time after time white mass killers are arrested, not killed, even when armed.
White South Carolina mass murderer Dylan Roof was even treated to fast food after being arrested without being shot, courtesy of the local PB.
Conversely, black men and women risk instant death at the hands of police on every traffic stop, traffic stops which are generally done on illegally cooked-up convoluted reasons.
Black men risk getting murdered while black women risked getting pulled from their automobiles and brutalized by police whose job it is to protect them.
The instances are well documented, guilty white mass killers are treated exponentially better than respectable black victims of crime.
Which brings us to the question of why?
We can waste time talking about all manner of peripheral stuff like what the mainstream media does to deceive the public on this issue.
Or we can accept the fact that many cops in the public sphere are white Nationalists with a badge and gun.
Black citizens could fight the clan toe-to-toe. How do you fight back against someone who comes under the cover of the law?
Whether the nation wants to face what’s happening or continue to ignore it does not change the facts.
Black and brown people are being murdered by white cops who are active white supremacists bent on enforcing their own agendas.
In the meantime, all-white grand juries continue to grant them license to murder by failing to indict them.
On the rare occasions that these murderers are even indicted for their crimes, the chances of convictions are almost nil, whether they receive a jury or bench trial the end results are the same.
Murderers who kill while wearing a police officers uniform are guaranteed that there will be no consequences for their actions.
What better place to be if you are a white supremacist who hates and wants to kill black people?