It took them a while to do it and one has to wonder why? Even, when the evidence is glaring, there are hesitations to treat attacks on Black Americans as hate crimes?
That “it“, is recognizing that the brazen murder of two elderly black people in a Kentucky supermarket was a hate crime.
As the Nation grieves the deadliest attack on Jews in America’s history, a case in which a right-wing hate monger massacred people solely on the basis of their faith, the murder of two innocent African-Americans in a Kentucky Kroger gets shoved to the side.
‘Whites Don’t Shoot Whites,’ Said Alleged Kroger Shooter Gregory Alan Bush when confronted by an armed white man. The man did not shoot at him and so he hustled away before being taken alive by police.
You ever noticed how literally all of these murderous losers always have three names, think about it?
Now the evidence was always there that this was a racially motivated shooting, he killed two black people and no one else. He tried entering an African-American church before opting for the Kroger supermarket. And then he told a white man who might have nailed his sorry ass, that “whites do not kill whites.” Obviously, his theory had some resonance with his white contemporary as well as with the police, he was not killed by that man and he was certainly taken alive by the police.
Bush reportedly has a black ex-wife who said in court records that he called her a “nigger bitch.” [Lie with Dogs you rise with flees](sorry Bud).
The larger takeaway which generally gets lost in the shuffle is the skillset of police departments across the country.
They have the incredible ability to take the most despicable white murderers into custody without harming them.
I’m actually surprised they did not take him to Burger King and got him a supersized whopper with extra fries and a large Frosty.
Yet two cowards wearing
These are the Gestapo tactics playing out across the country, yet violent white right-wing extremist kill who they hate and are almost always taken into custody alive.
As for African-American men whose only crimes is that they are occupying their black skins, it is quite common to receive multiple gunshots to the back for simply existing.
In a very brief moment of time since Donald Trump has escalated his war of words on the media and has declared publicly that he is a white Nationalist much has happened.
Here are a few of the events which have occurred.
- September 26: Rep. Kia Morris resigns as the only black elected official in Vermont after sustained racist threats and harassment.
- October 23: Georgia Republican gubernatorial nominee Brian Kemp (who also oversees the governor’s election as Secretary of State) is caught on tape complaining that minorities might “Exercise their right to vote” in the governor’s race.
- October 23: President Donald Trump declares himself a
whitenationalist on national television during a rally in Houston for his new best friend Senator Ted Cruz.
- October 24: Barack and Michelle Obama, Cory Booker, Eric Holder and Maxine Waters all receive pipe bombs in the mail from a racist Trump supporter (do we need to really specify that anymore?) Cesar Sayoc who is captured just days later. Unharmed.
- October 24: 51-year-old, white male Gregory Bush goes on a shooting spree in a Kentucky grocery store, killing two African Americans, allegedly sparing white people by declaring “Whites don’t shoot whites.” He planned on targeting a nearby black church had he not been apprehended. Alive of course.
- October 27: At least 11 people are killed in a Pittsburgh synagogue and Robert D. Bowers, 46, the man charged with the killings, is revealed to have antisemitic views, reportedly shouting them during the shooting.